Thursday, August 9, 2012

Slow Cooker: Peach Cobbler


There's nothing like fresh peaches in the summer time. There's nothing quite like peach cobbler. Yum! I found a recipe for slow cooker apple crisp/cobbler online and thought I would adapt it into Peach Cobbler instead (who's complaining right?). It turned out so moist and yummy! I will have to make it again to get a picture of it because it was gone before I found my camera! The only change I would make to it now is add more peaches... there wasn't quite enough for my liking...

{ingredients}
canned, sliced peaches (I used 1 29 oz can. but next time I will use more.- though the moisture of one can was just about right.)
1 dry yellow cake mix
6 Tbsp butter - melted
ground cinnamon to taste.

{directions}
1. In a 4-5 quart slow cooker add your peaches. (just dump it in. juices and all!)
2. next you add the cake mix on top. (do not mix it in.)
3. evenly poor (or spoon on) butter over the cake mix. (again, no stirring!)
4. sprinkle some cinnamon on top of the pile**
5. Cover and cook on High for 4 hours. (Do not mess with it. Don't even lift the lid for a sniff. It lengthens the cooking time. And don't worry, after 4 hours it will look like its supposed to. Even at 3 1/2 hours it might look like it needs something. Just trust the cooker to do its job!)


Side note: you want your slow cooker to be at least 1/2 full or just over. Too much or too little will result in less-than-desired results...

**you could also stir in some cinnamon to the dry cake mix before putting the cake mix in if you want it spread through out the cake a little more evenly. But if you spread it out evenly on top, you still get the cinnamon goodness!

Now enjoy! Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Ok yumm! I don't know how I found you blog but I'm so glad I did!! I had to put you on my list for best blog!! You got the Liebster award. so pop on over to my blog theglitzypear.blogspot.com to see the award and let all your peeps know you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete