Thursday, February 25, 2010

Death by Chocolate Cake

This is probably a recipe that is familiar to a lot of people but with a name like that, who can resist. I got this recipe from one of my nieces, but since we haven't talked any of the nieces into posting recipes, I guess I'll have to get credit for it. I had to bring a cake for the Blue and Gold banquet and decided to take this. As you can see, I heated my glaze a little too long which left quite a puddle. (the better to scoop up later) This would be a great for a college girl to take to an apartment of cute boys!

1 c. sour cream
4 eggs
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. oil
1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
1 small pkg. instant chocolate pudding
1-2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 container of chocolate frosting

Spray a Bundt pan with non-stick spray (I like the one with flour in it for this) and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together sour cream, eggs, water and oil until well blended. Add cake mix and pudding and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
Bake for 50-60 minutes. Invert on a plate to cool

Heat frosting in the microwave until pourable. (make sure you take off the tin foil first) Glaze your cake and get a cold glass of milk ready. With all that chocolate, you're going to need it.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely Delicious! Seriously cures any sweet tooth craving one might have. And looks beautiful to boot! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete