Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Talk of the Town Chicken Salad

The first time I tasted this salad was at a relief society luncheon. I remember being surprised with the sweet taste. It was different from any other pasta salad I had eaten before. When our ward put together a cookbook a few years ago, 4 different recipes were submitted for this salad (or variations of it). For curiosity sake, I checked the ward cookbook I just bought from my friend. There were 3 versions of this salad in there. Most of the ingredients are the same with only a few variations. (One called for water chestnuts and one had chopped apples in it)

Interest in this salad was expressed at the last family get together, so I thought I would post the recipe, but alas there is no picture.

12 oz. spiral pasta
12 oz. bow tie pasta
20 oz. pineapple tidbits, drained
2 c. chopped celery
4 green onions, sliced
1 pkg. Craisins
1 c. red grapes, cut in half
1 c. cashews (add right before serving)
4 whole chicken breasts, cooked and diced

Dressing:
1 c. mayo
16 oz. bottle Kraft coleslaw dressing

Cook the pastas, drain and cool. Add the rest of the ingredients (saving the cashews until right before serving). Stir in the dressing.

2 comments:

  1. That salad was sooo yummy! I'm glad you posted the recipe because I was trying to remember all the ingredients you told me. The pineapple was so good but a huge surprise...hence my comment on Sunday, "Dana - there's pineapple in this!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful salad! I was going to ask you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete