Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chicken Cashew lettuce wraps

It has recently been brought to my attention that it has been a while since I have posted any recipes... or anything for that matter... I have been cooking... just busy enough to keep from posting. prepare yourself for a BUNCH of recipes. I am still going strong on my resolution to try 3 new recipes each month. So I've been having fun. Here goes!!!

These are possibly my new favorite recipe. They are soooo good! :) I came across this recipe through GTU. They had a link that took me to tastykitchen.com... but somehow its closed to the public now... anyway I couldn't find it again. So here it is. :) P.S. Sorry no picture yet... I forgot to take one. Guess I'll have to make them again...


{ingredients}
1 Tbs Rice Vinegar
1 Tbs Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp ground Red Pepper
1/4 tsp ground Ginger
1 tsp Sesame Oil
2- 1/3 Tbs Soy Sauce (divided)
3 Tbs Canola Oil (or oil of choice)
2 pieces of Chicken Breast- diced
1 c. diced Onion
2 cloves Garlic-minced
1/4 c. Cashews- chopped
8 leaves of Green-leaf or Iceberg Lettuce- washed and dried

{directions}
For stir fry sauce: Mix together rice vinegar, brown sugar, red pepper, ginger, sesame oil, and 2 T. of sou sauce, making sure to dissolve the brown sugar. Set aside.

Heat canola oil in pan over medium heat to med-high heat. Add chicken and brown (about 4-5 min). Remove chicken from oil. Add onions and garlic to pan and remaining soy sauce (1 tsp) to pan; brown. When onions and garlic are brown and tender, add stir fry sauce, browned chicken, and cashews. Saute mixture for a few minutes and remove from heat.

Spoon chicken mixture into individual lettuce leaves. Add your favorite hot sauce, more cashews or basil. Enjoy!

**Here's a card for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment