Thursday, July 21, 2011

Peach Porkchops

My Brother-in-law and his wife gave me a year subscription to Cooking Light magazine for Christmas. I have been enjoying the ideas and recipes I find in each issue and have used some of them as my new recipes toward my goal of trying at least 3 new recipes a month. This one was kinda made up... but it turned out rather well. My hubby even said it could go into the family recipes list... :)
This isn't couscous... its little pasta...

Skillet Pork Chop Saute with Peaches
from Cooking Light; adapted by Jessica :)


{ingredients}
2 tsp Olive Oil
4 boneless pork loin chops- trimmed
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 T. thinly sliced shallots
2 tsp. thyme
2 peaches- each cut into 8 wedges
1/2 c. dry white wine
1/2 c. chicken broth
2 tsp. honey
2 tsp. butter

{directions}
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
2. Sprinkle chops evenly with salt and pepper.
3. Add chops to pan; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until done. {I learned, it really is only 3 minutes, even if they're still a little pink. if they aren't pink, they're too done. Who Knew?!)
4. Remove chops from pan and keep warm.
5. Add shallots, thyme, and peaches to pan; cook for 2 minutes.
6. Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/3 cup (about 2 minutes). 
7. Stir in broth and honey; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/3 cup (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in butter. Spoon sauce over chops.

*These are great served with couscous.*

So, a little disclaimer... I am a novice cook and wine is a little tricky for me. The first time I made these I tried to substitute a tiny bit of water... they were ok, but a little... watery. The second time I tried them (yes I've made them twice now) I just omitted the whole step. They were better but there wasn't much sauce. If anyone has any tips for a good substitute for wine that doesn't require... alcohol... that would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment