Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Party Food: Delicious Cheese Cake Dip

I am a fan of cheesecake. When I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it out and I had just the event of family Guinea pigs to try it out on! It was a hit and I have had several requests to make it again since, and to pass on the recipe. As I made this I realized that it made a LOT of dip. I did not double the recipe and I was able to make two platters for the luncheon... I considered all the options that could be made too... and I wished I had thought of it sooner to give some variety...

Think about it! What is your favorite cheesecake topping? Turtle (chocolate and caramel swirled on the top), mix some Nutella in for a chocolate/hazelnut cheesecake, any variety of pie fillings could be used too. My personal favorite happens to be raspberry... so that is what I used.



Ingredients:
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese- softened
1 (7oz) jar marshmallow fluff
2 (8oz) tubs Cool Whip {I opted for the light stuff... just to make myself feel a little better...}
2 (21oz) cans pie filling of choice
1-2 packages of graham crackers

Directions:
1. Mix softened cream cheese and marshmallow fluff by hand until smooth
2. Fold in Cool Whip one container at a time
3. Spread into dish, pan, or onto platter {as I stated before, I ended up spreading it onto two platters}
4. Cover with pie filling and refrigerate
5. Break crackers into sticks for dipping. {I looked all over for grahams made small because I'm lazy and I had other things to get ready that day... but I ended up using the trusty graham cracker "Scooby Snacks"}

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment