Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hearty Casserole

{I'm not quite sure where my mother stumbled across this recipe, but she made it once before I left home. Since then, I'm not sure she has made it, but I fell in love with it and will get random cravings for its delicious flavors. Making it is super easy and you will feed and fill quite a few (as the name suggests)! Sorry, I don't have a picture... but I hope you enjoy!}


{ingredients}
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. onion- chopped{i never measure onion, i just look to see if its as much as i would like...}
3/4c. milk
8 oz. (1 pkg) cream cheese {you can soften it a little by putting it foil wrap and all on the rack in your oven as you preheat it. leave it in there for about a minute}
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c. green pepper- chopped
8 oz (4 c.) noodles- cooked
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 can corn- drained

{directions}
1. Brown meat
2. Add Onion and cook until tender.
3. Stir in milk and cream cheese until blended.
4. Add remaining ingredients
5. Pour into 2 quart casserole dish.{i fit it into a 1.5 quart dish but it was a little... overflowing}
6. Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes

{we use just a little green pepper cut very small. it really adds flavor but we don't really like big chunks}

No comments:

Post a Comment