Thursday, January 28, 2010

Indoor S'Mores

Indoor S'Mores

I have never been a big fan of s'mores when I was out camping. They are messy, I usually burn my marshmallow and the chocolate doesn't melt. I sampled these at a crocheting class recently and I was hooked. These taste great and I challenge you to eat just one.


8 c. golden grahams
1 1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
6 c. miniature marshmallows, divided
5 T. butter
1/4 c. corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla

Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Measure the cereal in a large bowl so that it is ready. Melt butter, corn syrup and 5 c. marshmallows over low heat stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Immediately pour over cereal and stir, adding last cup of marshmallows. This sets up pretty fast so you need to stir quickly. Put in your pan and cool before cutting. Pull a little out of the corner to eat while you are waiting for it to cool.

(Everyone should probably have the ingredients for this in their 72 hr. kit)

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, I had them home and almost didn't get a picture of them before they dissappeared...

    ReplyDelete