Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

2 chicken breasts cooked and cut up. ( I sometimes boil chicken tenders for 10 minutes and use.)

1/3 c. onions
1/3 c. celery
1/3 c. butter

Brown onions and celery in butter.

Add:
1/3 c. flour
1 can or 1 1/2 c. chicken broth
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. milk
1/4 tsp. pepper

Add chicken and mixed vegetables. Pour into unbaked crust. Top with upper crust and bake at 425 for 30 minutes. I usually pierce the top with a fork several times to let out steam. I also put a strip of aluminum foil around the edge to keep it from burning. I take it off about 10 minutes before it's done to let it brown. I make my own crust, but you can also use one from the store.
Your baking time may vary.

1 comment:

  1. Hey that seems fairly easy... I think I might have to try it sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete